Friday, April 14, 2023

Building up spiritually

What's not a good test, only to build you up spiritually. RIGHT? 
I was anxious about many things, as I prayed my Bible verse from of Phillipians 
God you are my peace that surpasses all understanding,  you guard my heart, mind and soul. Confessing to the Lord. Trying to figure out why i had done that. Excuses, excuses. Did Not matter, I had to receive forgiveness from Jesus! Thanking the Lord for his wonderful grace, peace and for directing my path. This is how I deal with my anxiety. Going to the Lord. For He is Peace. 

Boy oh boy, did i have a Guilt trip. You see I know our marriage has to be built on trust. And here Iwas Deceiving my husband, oh it was only a little deception. No such thing! 

 You betcha!  God had a shaking for me. 
I lay awake all night thinking about my sin.  Hw that was of a stronghold, not being in the likeness of Jesus.  Guilt overwhelming me. My soul was in turmoil. Praying all night. 
He woke up in the morning,  me eagerly awaiting to confess to my husband. He could see it in my face, something was wrong. First words were What is it. 
So I confessed, that " I deceived you".
No excuses. 

This might not seem like a big deal to most people, for me it was. The Holy Spirit says otherwise. George really looks forward to our Big day shopping in town. 
I told him we can't go today to the big city today. I forgot to call in our meds. Waiting for the explosion to hit. He sat down and said he really didn't want to go today, he was hoping that we could go sometime later in the week.
No explosion, not angry nothing. (Did I mention that I also prayed George would have peace to when I confess.) 
But Jesus died for me!  He’s risen and coming again!  He has given me an inheritance that nothing can “destroy or spoil or wither” (1 Pt 1:4) and a kingdom which is unshakable (Heb 12:28).  That’s the gospel.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Blessings of the Lord Abide in You.
Bunny Ramey