Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Thump into A Bull Elk

The day before George and I were talking about how God uses us in unusual ways.  That at a drop of a hat that we are ready to do what ever God calls us to do. I could should share them all with you, but today I want to share what happened this elk season.

That night, I could not sleep. Insomnia. I deal with it. How? As a time to share with God. Its Our time. So I began praising and thanking the Lord, reading the word. Lifting up those who need healing. Praying for family and friends who don't know the Lord. As the sun began to come up. I asked God to bless us with an elk. Not just for our own food source, so we could help some of the others in our community that we know are having financial difficulties.

Waking up George got our hunting garb on. Bows in hand, cell phones on vibrate.  We head to cross the road.  We spot a bull elk in the middle of the road. Heading into the woods where we are headed.  George chooses the first trail in. I take the second trail. About 5-6 steps into the trail, I hear a thump. Georges arrow sinking into the elk. Just then I spot another Bull elk.  Not wanting to pass up on my own elk, I proceeded with the hunt.

Trying to make out just how many horns this elk has, I move up on it. Slowly, very slowly.  I can feel the blood pumping into my heart. I can hear the my heartbeat, getting louder and louder. If it gets any louder the elk will surely hear it.

Placing a tree between me and the elk, I am able to make my way close enough to set up my stand for my compound bow. Getting into postion, ready for the shoot, if it is a 3 point.  My phone begins to vibrate... I peek around the tree, and watch the elk walk down the hill on the trail. Knowing that I should stay still until I scope it out. I check the phone.

Four missed calls, all from George.  He must have killed his elk and need help, checking  the messages, they were sent almost an hour ago. Time flies when you are having fun. 

1. I got an elk.
2. Are you going to help me find it
3. There is blood everywhere, I need your help.
4. Bunny Praise God I got an elk.  I need your help.

I call george, ask did you find it?  No..He tells me he is having chest pain.
he is going to the house to take his nitro.  I told him to rest for at least a half an hour.

I meet up with him, he shows me the blood.  He had already took 2 other nitro pills. Of course he doesn't tell me this yet.  So we start following the blood trail.  It just disappears. We must have looked for 3-4 hours for the elk.  We decide to go up to the house and eat, and return after we have ate. On the way to the house, he tells me he had taken 3 nitro pills, and his chest was still hurting.

I say we are going to the hospitol NOW.  No changing clothes, no eating, off we went.
Called the hospitol to let them know we are on the way in. Morton is about 45 minutes away. George gets checked in, they do some tests, and the doctor says he had a heart attack.  They are going to transfer him to St Peters in Olympia. (via ambulance).

So I  call his dad, so george will have someone waiting there for him. I call my mom, let her know whats going on.  George tells me I have to hold it together for him.  Asks me if I can handle the drive or if I was going to have dad come pick me up.
I decided I would drive, so dad could be at st peters for him.

As I started out, I got held up in the road contruction 20 minutes twice.. before I even got to the house. In the last 10 years, I have only drove around packwood and once to ronda's out by 4 cornes. No real traffic. I felt the anxiety starting. Fear. Panic. Trembling. Tears just about to come forth.  Then I remembered what George said.
Bunny You have to hold it together for me.  Instantly I began, praising God, for being my strength, for helping me to hold it together. From there, came out bursts of prayer for no traffic, for george's heart, for dads safety and on and on...

When I reached the Town of Rainier, I got a bit confused on the road to take.. I felt myself braking down.. Tearing up... I stopped the car. Was going to call Ronda. Have her finish the drive for me. Meet me. The phone rang.. It was my sister Ronda! She gave me direction. The peace and calmness in her voice gave me peace. I was so glad that she was there with George and dad. The fear left me. 

Over and over I repeated, With GOD all things are Possible.

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


He spent Friday Saturday Sunday Monday in the hospitol. George, bringing Joy and laughter to the cardiovascular floor. The nurses  Usually when a patient is on floor 10, there life expectancy is not good. The nurses knew the story of the elk slayer before they even came on the shift.  He even made "Nurse Betty" laugh!
The family filled the room, some on the floor and the little ones sitting on the hospitol bed with Uncle Buck, sorrounded by the love that cannot be contained.  This is what the nurses saw. 

No matter what you are going through, Gods grace is sufficient for your every need. His power is revealed and made perfect in our weakness. 

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

After the angiogram, the doctor told him he called his wife, and she said George could come over and kill all the deer in her yard. 
The Doctor found "No Heart Damage"  Praise God!

Proverbs 4:20 - 23
My child, pay attention to what I say.
      Listen carefully to my words.
  Don’t lose sight of them.
      Let them penetrate deep into your heart,
  for they bring life to those who find them,
      and healing to their whole body.

  Guard your heart above all else,
      for it determines the course of your life.


God is GREAT!

Dr Gavin put George on new medications and a new diet, bringing high blood pressure down, and his diabetes into check.