Saturday, April 1, 2023

prayers and scripture

35 Christian Prayers For the Sick (Scriptures & Pre Written)
In my lifetime, I have experienced many people struggle with physical illness. Family and friends have wondered “why me?” Many seek to trust God – that He can heal, but not all have seen miracles in their own lives for healing.

With that being said, how do we pray for the sick or ourselves who are battling illness? Should we pray even though we don’t know the outcome of our prayers? The answer is yes, we should. God commands us to pray and that is simple obedience to Him.

If you are unsure what to pray when praying for the sick and hurting, or for yourself who needs prayer, I have given some example prayers and verses below that you can use and hopefully inspire many to pray.

1). Casting Out Sickness in Jesus’ Name
May the God of healing cover you today in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I command any spirit of sickness to leave right now in the name of Jesus and go back to wherever it came from in Jesus’ name.

I ask that instead the Holy Spirit would come and cleanse you from all illness, disease, and unclean things right now in the name of Jesus.

Amen

2). Asking for Healing & Joy in the Midst of Tribulation
I ask in Jesus’ name that Jesus’ peace would fill you up and shower you with joy in the midst of tribulation. I ask in Jesus’ name that you would be healed from what is overtaking your body. I command any illness or spirit of sickness to leave right now in Jesus’ name that you will be healed.

Amen

3). To Be Carried By Jesus, Kept Safe in His Arms
May you be wrapped in God’s love found deep in His everlasting wings. May you lean on the healer, restorer, and Creator of all things good. May the healing power of Christ’s breath go deep within you healing your being right now. Be carried by Jesus, and kept safe in His arms.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen

4). Humbly Asking To Be Restored
Dear Jesus, you are the divine physician, you are the healer of the sick. We come to you in this time of need. We place our worries, anxieties, concerns, and struggles, on you who carries our burdens for us. Grant us grace and strength to accept the will God has for us. We place this illness under your care and humbly ask that you restore us if it is the Lord’s will. Grant us health I pray if the Lord will’s, and give us grace to endure this journey, acknowledge your will, and know that whatever you have you give us the strength to endure.

5). Asking For God’s Healing Power In This Moment
Dear Father,

I believe in your infinite power to restore and make all things new. I believe that physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental healing is attainable at this very moment through the divine physician, Jesus.

I ask that you would give us a patient and loving attitude to receive your healing if the Father wills. Let it be that Your healing power would be experienced in this very moment. I know that with you all things are possible. I rest in the certainty of your healing power and believe in the power of prayer, and in the goodness of the Lord’s timing.

Amen

6). Asking For Quiet Mind & Expectant Heart
Jesus, you are our guide and the author of our hope. We call on you in this time of need. We come to you seeking refreshment and peace.

Show us your mercy, and relieve our fears and anxieties. May you grant us a quiet mind and expectant heart to see Your will be done.

May we learn to abide in You, with thanksgiving, seeking to see your miracles take place all around us. If You will restore this illness in the name of Jesus today.

7). Asking to Be Filled With Peace During Journey to Healing & Recovery
Lord, please heal my broken heart. Fill me with peace and joy I know can only come from you during this hard time. Walk closely beside me during my journey to healing and recovery that I know is possible through Your power alone.

In Jesus’ name, Amen

Tracie Miles
8). Asking For Comfort, Worries Gone, Complete Recovery, & Restorative Sleep
Dear God, Dispel my fear. End my anxiety. Wipe worry from my mind. May the one I care about find good health and complete recovery. Make known the healing power of your hands. Give comfort and shelter beneath your wings. Grant restorative sleep tonight and safe passage tomorrow.

Amen

Unknown

9). Lifting Up Those Facing Various Illnesses to Give Them Comfort, Hope, & Courage
Heavenly Father, we lift up all those who are facing various illnesses. Give them hope and courage they need today and everyday. Comfort their pain, calm their fears, and surround them with Your peace.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen

Circle of Prayer
10). Asking To Grow in Faith, Hope, & Trust – Coming Out of Darkness & Into Light
Lord, in Your goodness help me grow in faith and hope each day and trust in the future you have prepared for me. Lift me out of my depression, and hold me close to your healing grace.

As we walk together during each moment of my recovery, teach me to place my worries and doubts in Your hands.

Replace the dark cloud of depression with true joy found in You alone. Thank you for my life, for the unseen blessings You’ve give me, and for being with me always.

Unknown
Wether you are praying these prayers for yourself, or for someone else, know the Author of Creation desires relationship with you and to take what has been worrying you, off your shoulders.

We are not designed to go through these hardships alone. We must rely on the Father for supernatural strength in times of need.

11). Jeremiah’s Prayer For Deliverance
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.

Jeremiah 17:14
In contrast to the foolish people of Judah who trusted in man, in their own heart, or in riches, Jeremiah looked to Yahweh, the covenant God of Israel.

Jeremiah was confident that healing or salvation from the Lord would be true healing, true rescue (Enduring Word Commentary).

It’s hard to say if the healing Jeremiah cried out for was literal or spiritual in nature, and in the bigger picture it doesn’t really matter. Either need is real, and God’s ability to heal both our physical and spiritual need is true and proven (Enduring Word Commentary).

11). The Lord’s Promise to Jeremiah
For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 30:17
The Psalms is full of prayer. It is essentially a prayer book that was intended to be put to song.

Here are some example prayers in the book of Psalms.

12). Calling On the Lord in Weakness
Be Gracious to me, Oh Lord for I am languishing; heal me, Oh Lord for my bones are troubled.

Psalm 6:2
13). Declaring the Deeds of the Lord
In the Lord, our souls will never die, but forever be telling the marvelous deeds of God our Savior.

I shall not die, but live, and recount the deeds of the Lord.

Psalm 118:17
14). Praise the Lord Who Heals
Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your inquiry, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed with like the eagles.

Psalm 103:2-5
12). John’s Wishes to the Gaius
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

3 John 1:2
13). The Lord Restoring David
Most commentaries believe that David’s misery and low state in the Psalms was due to sickness. It was possible he was on his death bed.

The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health.

Psalm 41:3
In the Psalms we see David chose to trust and praise God before he knew the outcome.

14). God Heals the Broken Hearted
God not only cares for communities, but also for individuals. Those who hurt – the brokenhearted and the wounded – are special objects of His care (Enduring Word Commentary).

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds

Psalm 147:3
15). God Will Give You Rest
Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28
God promises that he will give us the rest we need, and carry our burdens for us. We are not meant to go through hardships alone. Jesus wants to walk it with us, and carry what has been bringing us down.


16). Hope in Suffering
Because our suffering, which might seem like never ending, is temporal we can have hope that Christ has called us to rejoice in our endurance of the race set before us.

More than that, we rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.

Romans 5:3-4
17). Restoring Comfort
I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will heal him and restore comfort to him and his mourners, creating the fruit of the lips. Peace, peace, to the far and to the near,” says the Lord, “and I will heal him.”

Isaiah 57:18-19
18). Healing the Oppressed
Whether that was physical or spiritual healing, Jesus did both when he was physically on Earth, and continues to restore and heal to this day.

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

Acts 10:38
Jesus uses followers of Him to cast out demons in His name, and pray for the sick and hurting.

19). Let Him Call For the Elders of the Church
Gather two or more together in Jesus’ name is something God calls us to do as believers. We should be coming together, and gather those who are strong believers of the faith to pray.

Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins he will be forgiven.

James 5:14-15
But did you know that it is the Lord who gives us faith? Maybe you are struggling thinking, “I’m trying to have enough faith to be healed.” Maybe you are thinking that for yourself or for someone else. In ourselves, we actually don’t have enough faith. It is actually Jesus who gives us faith. Ask for Jesus to give you faith.

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

James 5:16
20). Jesus’ Power Made Perfect in Weakness
But he said, my grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ shall rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:19
21). Cry Out to God for Help
O Lord I have cried to you for help and you have healed me.

Psalm 30:2
We can got to God in even our most difficult moments. We can have the comfort that He collects our tears in jars.

22). Your Promises Gives Me Life
This is my comfort in my affliction. Your promises give me life.

Psalm 119:50
The Lord is our comfort in times of struggle. He has made made promises to us and one them is that He will not harm us. Though what you or loved one is going through is difficult, you can have that hope that it is not from God. He wants to comfort you during this time.

23). God Has Given Us Authority to Cast Out Disease & Every Affliction
And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.

Matthew 10:1
24). The Lord Has Taken Away Sickness & Diseases of People in the Past
We have seen records of the numerous miracles the Lord has performed when it comes to healing sickness and diseases. This is one proof of God’s ability to completely restore & heal.

And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew, will he inflict on you, but he will lay them on all who hate you.

Deuteronomy 7:15
25). Prayer To Rise
Dear Father, help me fully be restored. Heal me from the inside out that I may rise and be a walking, living miracle displayed for you.

26). Prayer For Faith
Lord, give me the faith I need to know that you can heal me and fully restore me in this very moment. I may not feel like my faith is enough.

I’m believing that you will give me the faith I need as I seek you and your promises every day. I’m choosing to trust You, in Your mighty power and authority to heal. I’m believing in Your timing and will be done.

27). For Help in Weakness
Dear Father, I pray for myself and my friend who is struggling with weakness. We do not have the strength on our own and feel like we have hit rock bottom.

I know when we are weak and rely on You, that is when we can truly see and experience Your power coming in us. Thank you for allowing us to experience Your goodness, grace, and mercy in us, during our weakness.

28). Seeking What God Is Teaching
Sometimes we don’t go to God in prayer because there’s too much we don’t understand. We may feel frustrated and overwhelmed with all that is going on, and don’t get why God is having us go through this (ourselves, or someone we love).

Try just showing up to God. If you all you can bring is your questions and concerns, leave that with God.

God, I know you are in control, but I don’t know why this is all happening. Why has this gone on for so long? And will I (or this person) ever get better in their lifetime? Show me what I need to learn in these moments of hurt, confusion, suffering, and frustration?

It has been so long. What is Your purpose for this?

Show me what You’re doing. I will trust You even if I don’t know the reasoning right now. I will surrender, and continually seeking the lessons from Your Word, of what it means to have joy in tribulation.

Please give me peace in these moments as I seek to understand, and grow in the lessons You do choose to reveal to us.

Amen

29). For God’s Lessons to Be Learned
Dear God, I know life is a test. We are all given different lives that are to honor you.

Please help me in moments of sadness and discouragement. Help me to use these things to bring me closer to you instead of weighing me down. It can be easy to barely let myself get by. But help me to learn what You are trying to teach me in those moments.

30). Prayer For Boldness
Dear God, give me (or this person) the will to fight. Help them to have the courage to endure and run the race You have set before them. Help them to have confidence in Your saving grace.

Help them to have boldness in your truths. Help them live their lives in confidence that this too, will come to pass. Help them shout for joy in the midst of their suffering. Help them rest in their confidence in you.

31). Prayer To Rid Any Negative Emotion
Dear Father, please renew my mind. Our flesh wants to do what is natural to us, which is to dwell in negative emotions during difficult times. Help me to not give over to my flesh.

Help rid us of any negative thought or emotion, and replace it with truth in Jesus’ name. Help us to think on thoughts that are pure and true. Renew our minds of negativity, and replace it with truth in Jesus’ name.

Amen


32). Prayer For Joy
Dear Father, give us joy in these moments of grief, hurt, and sadness. Please give us supernatural joy that is deeply rooted in You.

Please help us be content and happy no longer dreading the day ahead. Help me to walk in the joy that you’ve blessed me with daily. Thank you for the love and kindness You show us.

Amen

33). Prayer For Gratitude
Dear Jesus, give this person a thankful heart. Help me to take my focus off of what is wrong, and to fix my eyes on you.

Help me to grow in gratitude for every day. Father every day you’ve given me is a blessing and for that I’m grateful. Thank you for my family, every breath I breathe, nature, and for your love.

34). Prayer To Reflect Christ
Dear God, help us to know that is all about reflecting and bringing glory to You. Help us to be transformed by your power and love. Help us to seek how they can be an encouragement to others even in their suffering.

Help us to be an amazing reflection of You by loving others, and trusting You.

35). Prayer For the Heart
Dear Father, I ask that you give us personal knowledge, understanding, counsel, might, wisdom, and the Fear of the Lord. Let your truth resonate within.

That it wouldn’t just be knowledge that we are trying to up the stain, or be strong just because we have to. Help us to grow closer to you and in intimacy with Christ.

I pray that Jesus would hit our hearts and that we would have a closeness with Christ like none other. That we would be able to have a relationship with Christ that would be so strong, nothing could take us down.

Loved one these times are hard and I know that this trial is just one of many. You may have no idea what to do and feel lost, but you’re not alone.

One thing is certain, God still commands us to pray. He commands us to pray to Him and be an encouragement to others.

So start today. Start praying for yourself and those who are hurting. Pray that this is a time of growth. That it would strengthen them in their relationship with Him and that He would give them strength.

It’s okay to pray for healing for whoever in your life is hurting. In fact, God wants you to. So be faithful in that and make their requests known to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Blessings of the Lord Abide in You.
Bunny Ramey