Sunday, August 15, 2021

elk hunting

elk hunting this is our 3rd day out.

today we saw 2 spike bulls, several cows, and another bull that we only saw the antlers going through the brush.

As I sat there in the midst of the woods, silent and in amazement of Gods great Glory. Gazing into the heavens, thinking of how great God is. The creator of all things. The heavens, the clouds, even the air we breathe.  I began thanking him, for allowing me to experience his greatness, and witness his creations.

Not everyone gets to see the sights that my husband and I experience. I don't take those things I see or experience for granted. I give GOD thanks and praise for the places he brings me, and the those things he reveals to me.

Being so wrapped up in life sometimes we seem to loose focus on the things that are the most important.  Like the air we breathe, or the earth we walk upon. The painted mountain tops to the deepest valleys. How He hung the earth in the heavens.

 The animals and bugs. A little frog, jumping from place to place. Everything has its purpose. God created everything for its own porpose.

The trees and grass. The tall grass with blades so sharp that they could slice a leaf as it drifts down from the might maple tree.  A tree so strong that the softest wind brings down its precious fruit. 

Psalms 8
 1 LORD, our Lord,
   how majestic is your name in all the earth!
   You have set your glory
   in the heavens.
2 Through the praise of children and infants
   you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
   to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens,
   the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
   which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
   human beings that you care for them?
 5 You have made them a little lower than the angels
   and crowned them with glory and honor.
6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
   you put everything under their feet:
7 all flocks and herds,
   and the animals of the wild,
8 the birds in the sky,
   and the fish in the sea,
   all that swim the paths of the seas.
 9 LORD, our Lord,
   how majestic is your name in all the earth!